Recently AHEAD (Awards for Hospitality, Experience, and Design) announced that architects and designers can now submit entries for MEA 2020.
MEA (Middle East Architect) award recognizes the best architectural design of the year.
Table of Contents
Criteria of AHEAD MEA 2020
Below are the criteria that entries must fulfil.
- The submitted project must be impressive. It not only fulfils the winning criteria but also matches the client needs.
- The submitted project designs must be appropriate and rigorous that perfectly demonstrates the balance of budget and theatrical experience of the hotel life.
- The submitted project must justify why it deserves to win the award in its category.
Eligibility Criteria For Entries
According to the MEA 2020 guidelines, hotel projects that are built between January 2019 – February 2020 are qualified for the award.
The building must be a commercial property (single building or a combination of buildings) dedicatedly used for accommodation and lodging business.
Private buildings used for rents are not qualified for the AHEAD MEA 2020 award.
Who Can Submit The Entry?
Anyone can submit the entry for the award, but according to the guidelines, AHEAD recommends that architects and designers involved in the project submit the entry.
Apart from them, they also suggest other people, including –
- Hotel owners,
- Developers, and
- Other representatives
… to co-ordinate the entries along with the architects and designers.
The entry cost is 1200 AED or £250 (excluding VAT) per project per category.
Other Important Details Related to MEA 2020
Here’s the complete timeline of the event.
- Submission entries were started from 2nd March 2020 and the last date to submit an entry is 30th April 2020
- The announcement of the judging panel will take place on 13th May 2020.
- The announcement of the project shortlist will take place on 29th June 2020.
- Judges will choose winners in September 2020.
- And the winner announcement will be on 11th November 2020 in Dubai.